Steven began his martial arts training at an early age, around 8 yrs old. Some 35 yrs later, he is one of the leading martial artists in his fields.
Steven instructs in the art of Five Thunder Fist which has it’s foundation in the Shaolin arts also combining Chinese Military Combat skills and various other Chinese arts. He also specialises in Traditional Chinese weapons and Qi Gong (internal energy cultivation) and Iron Palm/Iron Shirt techniques as taught in the Shaolin temple for the last 1500 years.
Steven is a Disciple Student of Lau Family Hung Kuen under Master Mark Houghton who is the keeper of the Lau Family lineage direct from Grandmaster Lau Kar Leung.
In Chinese Kickboxing (San Da) Sifu Burton holds the rank of 5th degree Black belt and in August 2005 was awarded 4th Duan Wei Grade by the Chinese Wu Shu Association, Beijing, China.
In Chen style Tai Chi, Sifu Burton is an indoor student of Grandmaster Chen Zheng Lei (19th Generation of the Chen family). Sifu Burton has also been taught by Master Liming Yue and Grandmaster Kong Jie Gou. In 2004 he won the Gold medal for his tai chi skills in the Chen Village elite invitational championships as well has Silver medal for his weapons skills. Sifu Burton has over 120 Tai Chi students throughout the North West of England whom benefit from the training, ages range from 6yrs to 106 yrs old. This can show that anyone can take part in Tai Chi and enjoy the benefits.
In Torite Jutsu, Sifu Steven Burton is currently the United Kingdom representative for the DSI. He holds a 2nd Dan Black Belt Torite and is one of only 18 people in the world qualified to teach the system and its related arts.
Sifu Steven has trained extensively on the subject of Qi Gong both in China and the UK having been trained by esteemed master such as Master Liming Yue,the Late Master Sheng of Xiangtan, Hunan province and is now a closed door student of Grandmaster Li Zhiyi of Zhangjiajie studying Taoist Qi gong and Shen gong, having learnt all asepcts covering martial, medical and spiritual applications from these great masters.
Sifu Steven has trained with the great Shaolin Monk Shi DeJun (31st genereation desciple) and was privaleged to demonstrate his skills for students of Shaolin.
Sifu Steven was also very privaleged to meet the Great Shaolin monk of the 30th generation and spiritual guide of the Temple, Grandmaster Shi Suxi prior to him passing away peacefully in March 2006.
Sifu Burton is much sought after for his teaching skills and from time to time lectures at the University of Central Lancashire, on BSc Hon. Degree Course for Complimentary Medicine, teaching aspect of oriental healing methods. Also Sifu Burton has been asked by Lancashire Constabulary to contribute toward training the police officers and Riot police in their unarmed Control and Restraint, and close quarters skills.
Sifu Steven Burton has featured on Central Chinese Television demonstrating his kung fu and tai chi skills and has co-authored a book with Master Liming Yue and Grandmaster Chen Zheng Lei on the 18 step tai chi short form and its related benefits.
Sifu Burton is in constant demand teaching seminars around the world and has in excess of 300 students around the world and has produced over 50 instructional DVDs to assist in spreading the invaluable and rare knowledge and skills. Youtube Channel to preview https://www.youtube.com/user/IronFist108/videos
Sifu Steven Burton is the 1st non Chinese Inheritor of the Taoist Shen Wu Lin Chuan system under Grandmaster Li Zhi Yi.
Sifu Burton is available to conduct seminars worldwide on any of the subjects he teaches.
- Yang Style Tai chi
- Chen Style Tai Chi
- Qi Gong
- Five Thunder Dim Mak under Grandmaster Li ZhiYi
- Taoist Shen Wu Lin Chuan under Grandmaster Li ZhiYi
- Shaolin Kung Fu with Shaolin Monk Shi DeJun (31st genereation disciple)
- Lau Family Hung Kuen under Master Mark Houghton
- Five Thunder Fist (Wu Lei Chuan)
- Chinese Lion Dance
- 2004 Gold medalist for his tai chi fist skills in the Chen Village Elite Invitational championships, Zhen Zhou, China
- 2004 Silver medallist for his tai chi weapons skills in the Chen Village Elite Invitational championships, Zhen Zhou, China
Ranks & Certifications:
- 2nd Dan Black Belt – Torite Jutsu under Grandmaster Tom Muncy
- 5th Degree Black Belt – San Da Kickboxing
- 4th Duan Wei – Chen Style Tai Chi issued by the Chinese Wu Shu Association
- Co Founder of Five Thunder Lau Kuen
- 7th Duan Wei in Five Thunder Dim Mak issued by the Five Thunder Chinese Martial Arts Association
- 12th Generation Senior Indoor student of Grandmaster Chen Zheng Lei – Chen Style Tai Chi
- Senior Indoor student of Master Liming Yue – Chen Style Tai Chi
- Senior Indoor student Taoist Qi Gong, Shen Gong and Master of Five Thunder Dim
- Mak under tutelage of Grandmaster Li ZhiYi in Zhang Jia Jie, China
- Disciple student of Lau Family Hung Kuen under Master Mark Houghton – Hong Kong